Friday, July 6, 2012

Pineapple Pendant

I have always been obsessed with accessories. ALWAYS. Jewelry, hats, scarves and shawls are part of my daily donning. As you all know, I make many of the shawls and scarves I wear, but recently I thought I'd try my hand (and hook) at some jewelry too.

So, I crocheted a pineapple and attached it to this stylish ready-made pendant!

C'mon, you all know I like me some fruits and veggies! Although this one lacks the iconic eyeball, I still kinda like it!

I whipped this up in an evening using DMC perle cotton in size 8 and a size 6 steel hook. All I can say is thank the lord for my daylight lamp! At any rate, it was a very satisfying quick crochet.


Methinks I now need a Carmen Miranda inspired fascinator! Woo hoo!

Happy weekend everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Very lovely! I like this better than a tiki!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ellen! Actually, I was thinking about doing a tiki glass with an umbrella sticking out of the top...

    ReplyDelete