Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Monstrous Flower Brooch

I was thinking about the little paintings I've been doing and how I they are really meant to be studies for future 3D explorations. As such, I pulled out my bin of felt and pair of shears and got crackin'...

Methinks there's some potential here. I added a bit of embroidery which served to add detail and keep the layers together.

Then, I sewed a brooch pin on the back of the flower for fun. All in all the flower took me a few hours to make from start to finish. Don't know that I will make loads of these, but the process was definitely a jumping off point for other experiments. Mission accomplished.

No comments:

Post a Comment